Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feijoa Habanero Sauce


So today I went out in the garden and checked on my plants. The weather's been a bit drab this year , mediocre summer so I didn't think there'd be much happening. Was I wrong! Feijoas on the trees, habaneros on the plant, cucumbers and capsicums galore. So of course, I did what any good spice lover does and decided to make up a new sauce. I call it feijoa Flame.
The ingredients are very simple :

  • 10 Habanero Peppers
  • 7 Ripe feijoas
  • 1/3rd cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 2 heaped tablespoons natural hon

  • ey
  • 1 teaspoon chilli pepper
  • salt/pepper to taste

  1. First of all, de seed and chop peppers

WARNING ! wear gloves! I didn't and am I paying for it!
2) remove flesh of feijoa.
3)mix all ingredients with blender.
4)pour into jars.
Thats really all it takes ! This sauce is H.O.T hot. One or two drops and you will be burning. Not one for the casual connoisseur.

I like to call it "Feijoa Flame."

2 comments:

  1. nice i like cooking

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love hot sauces! This one looks extreme! I'll make it and prank my family :D

    ReplyDelete